We are #oneteam
We believe that people perform better when they can be themselves at work.
We aim to ensure that all employees feel comfortable in the workplace, regardless of their disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Staff support networks
Black & Asian Police Association
The NWP Black and Asian Police Association (BAPA) is a network supporting minority ethnic Police Officers, PCSOs, Police Staff, Special Constables and Volunteers of all ranks and grades from across the Force. It has many aims, from improving the working environment of Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff within NWP, to assisting the Force in delivering services to all sections of the community. It works hard to provide a visible presence and a voice for all ethnic minority people in our workplace.
Disability Support Network
The Disability Support Network (DSN) seeks to support all disabled people whether employees or volunteers within NWP, it also extends this support to all employees and volunteers who care for disabled people. The DSN acts as an informal support network for individuals and it actively works to raise awareness of disability issues and concerns; it represents its membership at key strategic groups.
Gender Equality Network
Originally launched in 2003 as the Women’s Association of North Wales Police the Gender Equality Network (GEN) now represents everybody in North Wales Police. The motivation behind this transition is to provide a more inclusive network, which focuses on gender issues that affect all our Officers, Staff and Volunteers. The GEN goal is to encourage, support and inspire everyone to reach their full potential and to ensure equity for all.
North Wales Police LGBT+ Network
The LGBT+ network has the objective of encouraging all LGBT staff to achieve their full potential, both professionally and personally. It helps to raise awareness of a range of Sexual Orientation and Trans specific issues and it provides the opportunity to develop professional and social links in the workplace.
National police support structures
As well as our own NWP networks, there are a number of national networks which offer support to police officers and staff of all ranks and roles:
- National LGBT Police Network
- National Trans Police Association
- British Association of Women in Policing
- Disabled Police Association
- National Police Autism Association
- National Association of Muslim Police
- Christian Police Association
- Jewish Police Association
- Police Pagan Association
- National Black Police Association
- Gypsy Romany Traveller Association
We work closely with representatives of these networks, making sure NWP is a positive and supportive place to work.
Disability confident employer
We are recognised as a disability confident employer. This means we aim to recruit and retain disabled people, and people with health conditions, for their skills and talent. We are committed to these principles:
- Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job (or where an interview is not the first stage of our assessment process, we will put disabled people through to the first stage of the process if they meet the minimum criteria for the job)
- Flexibility when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required
- Encouraging our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- Ensuring employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
You can indicate on our application forms whether you require any support or adjustments to enable you to do the job, or to assist you with your application. We want to ensure that wherever possible we can remove any barriers preventing you from making an application. If you join us with a disability or medical condition, we aim to support you so you can carry out your role effectively. Where possible we’ll arrange reasonable adjustments so you can do this. Committed to Diversity Whatever role you wish to apply for, we promise to provide equality of opportunity.
If you can help us to create a safer North Wales, then we welcome your application - whatever your age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender, race or sexual orientation.
Committed to diversity
Whatever role you wish to apply for, we promise to provide equality of opportunity. If you can help us to create a safer North Wales, then we welcome your application - whatever your age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender, race or sexual orientation.