Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
Following the latest banning order issued by Wrexham AFC, North Wales Police and Wrexham AFC wish to reiterate that unacceptable behaviour at fixtures will not be tolerated.
Last week a 28-year-old man was handed a three-year Football Banning Order by magistrates in Norfolk.
This ruling followed his unacceptable behaviour at an away match against King’s Lynn on November 13.
Superintendent Simon Barrasford said: “North Wales Police and Wrexham Football Club are aligned in their views on fan behaviour at football games.
“We know that the overwhelming majority of fans behave responsibly and are a credit to the town and the club they represent.
“However, we must reiterate that anyone found to have been involved in illegal or anti-social behaviour will be dealt with in the strictest terms.
“We take all instances of unacceptable behaviour at games seriously and take robust action against those responsible.
“Football Banning Orders are imposed to prevent disorder and/or violence at games and are a strong deterrent.
“As such we will continue to work with the club to enforce these orders where necessary, whether it occurs at home or away games.
“Disorderly behaviour in and around football grounds will not be tolerated.”
Following the latest banning order, Wrexham AFC CEO, Fleur Robinson, said: “This is further proof that instances of unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
“Whether at home at the Racecourse Ground, or when watching Wrexham away, we are representing our Football Club, and we are proud to provide an inclusive, and welcoming environment for all.
“I would like to thank North Wales Police for their quick response to this case and getting the positive result.
“We know these incidents refer to only a tiny minority of people to have attended Wrexham games this season, and we will continue to work with North Wales Police to ensure this unacceptable behaviour will be dealt with in the strictest possible way.
“Thank you to the vast majority, who continue to support us in such incredible numbers, and in a manner befitting our Club and our community – your support is hugely appreciated by all associated with the Football Club.”