The National Crime Agency (NCA) and ACRO Criminal Records Office developed the International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) to help protect children from offenders who travel overseas to abuse vulnerable children through employment, volunteering and charity work.

You may need an ICPC if:

  • you're a UK national who has lived in the UK and wants to work with children
  • you already volunteer with children abroad

You should check with your employer before submitting an application for an ICPC.

Apply and pricing

For more information and costs, and to apply for an ICPC, visit the official ACRO website.